The assignments in this training course introduce many of the concepts of application development and the security issues that relate to them. The course covers various software development models and considerations and introduces learners to basic security concepts such a cryptography and the common vulnerabilities and exposures list. In this material, we will also introduce the basic concepts of cybersecurity, including cryptography, and illustrate how the many vulnerabilities found in applications today can trace their origin to some point in the development process. While this is not a "coding" course, it provides examples of coding techniques and explores and contrasts the many different models of software development. Ultimately, this content should prove valuable to managers, developers, and security professionals who are looking for a comprehensive understanding of how the many components of the application creation process come together under an umbrella of security.
Individual Skill Course
- Define the basic characteristics of an algorithm
- Differentiate among the different kinds of software that comprise modern applications
- Describe the different stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understand the role of cryptography and security in application development
- Identify different programming concepts
- Contrast the concept of object-oriented programming to procedural programming
- Describe various vulnerabilities found in applications
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: