This training course contains a discussion of the role of security governance and risk management in information security. It looks at the policies and standards that are needed to operate an effective information security function and to oversee good information security practices. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on compliance and operational security to allow you to practice the concepts learned in the material. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
Individual Skill Course
- Discuss the foundational concepts of security governance (the CIA triad) and understand the job of overseeing data security
- Describe the role of policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines in information security
- Understand the types of security controls that an organization can employ and the concept of defense in depth
- Discuss ethical, regulatory, and privacy issues as they relate to information security
- Discuss different management practices for overseeing an effective information security function
- Identify common information security risks and threats
- Describe the process for conducting a risk assessment
- Identify the purpose and components of a disaster recovery plan and business continuity
- Understand the role of auditing and testing in information security governance
- Identify common threats and vulnerabilities
- Provide appropriate guidance in response to real-world scenarios that highlight compliance and operational security problems
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: