This training course contains an introduction to the key concepts of cryptography and security engineering. It examines the role of encryption in information security and considers common encryption methods. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on cryptography to help you apply the concepts to situations you may see in the real world. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
Individual Skill Course
- Understand how cryptography works and its role in information security
- Compare and contrast different ciphers and explain how they work
- Create substitution ciphers and encode and decode cleartext and ciphertext
- Discuss how encryption enables secure transmission of sensitive data
- Explain and compare symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Describe the role of public key infrastructure and key management
- Apply concepts and knowledge to real-world scenarios that involve cryptographic challenges
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
"Good summary of a difficult topic."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: