When you download an app, or access a database, you want to trust that the software engineer who developed the app had an eye toward security. This training course covers the security of applications, data, and hosts in information systems. It provides a comprehensive examination of software development and change management. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on real-world application, data, and host security. Although not required, having some experience or working knowledge in IT concepts is helpful in taking this course.
Individual Skill Course
- Discuss the role of security in software development
- Explain the software development life cycle and compare its eight stages
- Understand what the operating system is and how it works
- Describe different application and operating environments
- Discuss the role of databases and the information security challenges they raise
- Understand the various vectors for attack
- Explain the objectives of Trusted Recovery and the concept of system hardening
- Recognize the need for physical security and the varying means of achieving it
- Apply security concepts to real-world scenarios highlighting the need for application, data, and host security
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
Although not required, having some experience or working knowledge in IT concepts is helpful in taking this course.
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: