This training course will introduce basic features of Cascading Style Sheets, or CSS. CSS is a versatile programming language that is used to style web pages by specifying how HTML and XML documents should appear. CSS makes it possible to control the presentation of elements on a page, including their color, dimensions, position, and behavior. A series of lab exercises provide students with opportunities to practice the tools and concepts they learn throughout the course.
Individual Skill Course
- Use selectors and declarations to create CSS rules
- Write and link an external style sheet to a webpage
- Apply color to page elements using a variety of color systems
- Create single and multiple classes to style elements
- Select a variety of fonts and apply sizing to different page elements
- Apply width and height to elements on a page
- Describe the Box Model and style elements through the use of margins, padding, and borders
- Arrange elements using float and apply the clear property
- Create vertical and horizontal navigation bars on a webpage
- Apply both link and user-action pseudo-classes
- Create responsive layouts using Flexbox
- Explore the use of drop shadows, drop caps, and other creative effects
- Explain the importance of inheritance, rule order, and the box model
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: