Many small business owners find creating a budget to be an intimidating process. However, creating and maintaining a budget for your business is a crucial component of success. Budgets assist in maintaining control of your business activities, and provide a road map to ensure you are spending money in the right places at the right time. Similarly, tracking performance and analyzing financial data provides insight into what is working, and what isn't, in terms of your business. Knowing how to interpret the information found in your business's financial statements is an important skill to develop. Financial analysis allows you to understand your business's financial position better and can help you make better financial decisions. This training course will introduce you to the budgeting process and financial analysis. In module one, you will develop your ability to prepare budgets, generate pro forma financial statements, and analyze budget variances. Module two will focus on analyzing the financial position of your business through financial ratio analysis, benchmarking, and break-even analysis.
Individual Skill Course
- Understand the importance of budgeting and financial planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that budgets play in measuring performance against established goals
- Differentiate between strategic and tactical budgeting
- Analyze the master budget through variance analysis
- Prepare and analyze pro forma financial statements
- Explain the importance of the cash budget and describe how it is created
- Define financial (ratio) analysis and explain its objectives
- Assess the pitfalls of financial (ratio) analysis
- Identify the various categories of financial ratios typically used in small business environments
- Explain the factors and assumptions involved in break-even analysis
- Compute the break-even point and break-even revenue for a given product
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"Excellent and practical course with combination of knowledge and active skills practice."
"Everything was explained well."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: