If you're involved in a nonprofit organization, you likely know all too well the importance of budgeting. In this non-credit course, you will gain an understanding of the uses and functions of budgets and the relationship between strategic budgeting and tactical budgeting. You will also learn about the organization-wide budget and different budget systems. After introducing the basics of budgeting in a nonprofit, the course continues on to slightly more advanced budgeting topics such as capital budgets, cash flow budgets, and opportunity budgets. You will also learn how nonprofit organizations are using different budgeting techniques to handle operating challenges.
Individual Skill Course
- Explain the uses and functions of nonprofit budgeting
- Describe the different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization
- Recognize the use of the organization-wide operating budget and program operating budgets
- Explain how an operating budget is created
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created
- Explain the importance of a cash flow budget and describe how it is created
- Recognize how the budget process can be managed for optimal results
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"This was a wonderful learning experience, and it has really given me great insight on the non-profit budgeting process. I been working for a non-profit for over 5 years, and I am starting to move up in management. I know that budgeting management is going to propel me to the next stage of management, and I feel the content and exercises in this course have given me a great knowledge base. I feel more confident moving forward and am optimistic about my future career path."
"Though I have worked with nonprofit budgets for several years, I knew that there were many gaps in my knowledge and understanding that could be filled. This class solidified many already-known concepts, provided clarity in others, and gave me new strategies to implement."
"This was a great course that provided an in-depth look into budgeting. Even with my past experience with budgets, this is the first instance of receiving knowledge on the pre, during, and post items related to budgeting."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: