Emotional intelligence (EI) is our ability to identify and control our emotions to achieve positive outcomes in our relationships. Managers with high EI are better equipped to deal with subordinates, colleagues, and company executives, and they can do a better job of handling and resolving conflicts. This one-module training course reviews the underlying concepts of emotional intelligence and explores how managers can improve and make use of their emotional intelligence.
Individual Skill Course
- Discuss the role of emotional intelligence for managers
- Explain why improving emotional intelligence can have a positive impact on managerial performance
- Recognize the importance of emotional intelligence in successful management
- Discuss the nine key EI factors
- Apply EI factors to business management scenarios
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"The course was very easy to navigate through and had a lot of meaningful information. The mini cases were a great way to practice different scenarios of conflict in the workplace, and it was great to be able to click on suggested responses and video clips after you were able to jot down your own thoughts. I loved comparing my thoughts vs. the suggested responses to see if I was on the same page or totally missed looking at the scenario a different way."
"Emotional Intelligence for Managers is such a great training tool. If more people in leadership implemented the suggestions and information noted here, the workplace could run a lot more efficiently. I plan to share what I've learned in team meetings."
"I really appreciated the mini-cases, as they all pertained to difficult situations I've come across so many times! It was helpful to put my EI learning to the test with each one, and by the end, I felt like the answers came naturally. The information learned during the course is really going to stick with me in real-life situations."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: