To achieve diversity and inclusion, organizations need to create an inclusive culture where all employees are respected and appreciated, have equal access to workplace opportunities, and are fairly compensated. In this non-credit course, you will learn about how to create, encourage, and develop an inclusive culture. You will explore the 7 Pillars of Inclusion, traits of an inclusive leader, strategies to assess employee buy-in, professional development opportunities, and workplace accessibility. You will examine how to uproot workplace toxicity and address and prevent harassment and discrimination. The course illustrates the many benefits of an inclusive culture, including higher levels of employee engagement, productivity, employee satisfaction, and retention rates.
Individual Skill Course
- Define the 7 Pillars of Inclusion
- Identify attributes of an inclusive leader
- Explain strategies for gauging employee buy-in
- Identify signs of toxicity in the workplace
- Explain how professional opportunities encourage an inclusive work culture
- Explore strategies for addressing pay gaps
- Describe how corporate social responsibility supports diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Explain how to create and build a diverse supplier base
- Define legislation that requires employees to be treated equally and fairly
- Outline inclusion-related practices for preventing workplace harassment
- Identify reasonable accommodations and undue hardships
- Determine if a selection process is affected by adverse impact
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"Very detailed, direct, and to the point. Very informed and user friendly."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: