Ethical decisions in business are everywhere. Organizations have learned that the costs of unethical actions can be high, both legally, and from a public relations perspective. This training course introduces the major ethical frameworks in business and seeks to give learners a strong foundation in ethical business practices, whether as individuals, as a leaders, or as stewards of the organization. This course reviews how organizations can establish and encourage an ethical culture while monitoring for compliance.
Individual Skill Course
- Describe the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
- Explain the three components of the Ethical Triangle: Individual Ethics, Leadership Ethics, and Governance and Control
- Discuss key ethical challenges in the workplace
- Describe the use of organizational ethics codes
- Outline the ethical issues involved in the employer-employee relationship including Employment at Will, due process and fairness
- Discuss the use of ethics training
- Explain how organizations monitor ethical performance
- Describe the relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and ethics
- Outline issues involving corporate governance
- Explain how sustainability is an ethical concern
- Discuss ethics and the regulatory environment (Sarbanes-Oxley Act; U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
- Explain the issues around whistleblowing
- Describe the role of leadership in establishing an ethical culture
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"I would highly recommend this course to any business person at any level. Clear, tangible concepts and excellent case studies."
"The Case Studies were challenging and made me think particularly on the level of my own work experiences. I appreciate that."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: