Sustainable management is managing a firm so that it generates profits for its owners, protects the environment, and improves the lives of the people with whom it interacts. The business case for sustainable management is that it can help a company's long-run profitability and success. This training course provides an overview of sustainable management, and discusses the role of government and regulation in sustainable management practices.
Individual Skill Course
- Define sustainability and its application in an organizational setting
- Describe the connection between the environment and sustainability
- Explain the business case for sustainable management
- Recognize the role of government regulation in corporate sustainability efforts
- Discuss leadership in sustainable management
- Outline the criticisms of corporate sustainability
- Apply sustainable management principles to workplace scenarios
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"An Overview of Sustainable Management is a very important course for any business owner, as it would teach a firm owner on how to generate profit for its business, be socially responsible, and be of benefit to all stakeholders. This course is highly recommended."
"The study on sustainability will help us to engage in economic production and consumption to meet our needs and wants while also preserving and enhancing, for the long term, our environmental capital and societal well-being."
"This is my first step toward a career in sustainability, and I think it was an excellent one! The course is a good overview while still going into detail on many topics."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: