In this training simulation, you've been named the project manager on a highway construction project in the small city of Allerton. This project is considered to be a "major project" by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), which means it has a budget of $500 million or more. Over the course of the project, you'll make a series of decisions, each of which will impact the project in different ways. As you make these decisions, an adaptive scoreboard will reflect the impact of your choices on project success
Individual Skill Course
- Leading a project team
- Balancing competing interests, such as project scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, risk, and communications
- Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative team or customer outcomes
- Analyzing schedule, budget, and quality data and using that information to make educated decisions
- Addressing issues related to project procurement
- Facing challenges related to project planning, project execution, and project monitoring and control
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
This training simulation is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
"Very impressive Project Management training. Amazingly similar to real life situations."
"I found the course very realistic, and it drove me to put into practice PMBOK principles in a truly practical way. The course was an excellent learning experience."
"This was not an easy course, but the simulation was very interesting, enjoyable, and kept me engaged. It was very informative, and I was surprised at how well I did. I would highly recommend this course."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: