This training course provides an overview of cloud computing and the business and security considerations of transitioning to a cloud environment or from one cloud service provider to another. The course is presented in two modules. In addition to providing information that aligns with industry standard content from the Cloud Security Alliance, this course also includes a module that presents different real-world scenarios to learners, asking them to apply what they have learned to situations they might encounter in the workplace.
Individual Skill Course
- Recognize the differences between cloud-based and traditional computing environments
- Identify the three major service categories of cloud computing and how they apply to different business needs
- List the different actors and roles in cloud-computing
- Understand the need for cybersecurity and its role in cloud computing
- Describe the different technologies that comprise cloud computing
- Explain the concepts behind cryptography and how it is used to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability in information systems
- Provide an overview of the threats and vulnerabilities facing cloud computing and how to mitigate them
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: