Drawing on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, this introductory-level, training course covers the challenges and issues that organizations face in developing and retaining their employees.
Individual Skill Course
- Understand and effectively communicate the value of a career development program
- Describe the five stages in the career life cycle (Beginning, Developing, Mid-Career, Mastery and Maintenance, Retirement), and the needs an employee has at each stage of the cycle
- Explain why career management has become important to employers and employees
- Outline the tools for career development (training, education, job rotation, transfers, overseas assignments, mentoring, networking, volunteer work, formal career planning)
- Understand the issues HR departments face with career management
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"The course was well organized with interactive activities to keep your interest! I recommend this course to Directors who are interested in developing practical tools that will enhance their leadership fundamentals. Thank you."
"I thought this course was extremely relevant to today's workforce. I really enjoyed the mixture of "Gameshow" and typing out answers. It really motivates the learner to stay engaged, taking notes and checking for understanding."
"The course was well organized, providing lots of information and opportunities to apply the information to "real world" scenarios."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: