Understanding compensation practices and policies is crucial for any business owner, HR professional, or manager. In this introductory-level, training course, you will consider issues surrounding the key aspects of pay policy: legal requirements, pay equity within an organization, competitive pay within the relevant industry, how and when to grant raises, and different ways payment can be structured. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit as you develop your compensation expertise.
Individual Skill Course
- Comply with relevant state and federal "wage and hour" laws
- Determine the competitive pay level for a particular position in a particular geographic location
- Discuss and administer a variety of pay structures
- Effectively confront issues of pay equity within an organization
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"I feel I have learned so much I wasn't aware of with how compensation is calculated in the workplace, and all the different types of pay increases, and why there isn't just one form of pay for everyone in a company. Even though I knew about salary and hourly differences, non-exempt and exempt employees, I wasn't aware of all the different ways compensation is considered and the reasons why. I would definitely recommend this course!"
"This is an amazing course and has enhanced my views on how decisions are or could be made within a company. Would recommend it to anyone with an interest in Human Resources or how it can operate."
"I'm very much enjoying this course. It's interactive and a nice blended learning model that keeps me engaged and helps me through the learning process."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: