Big data and data analytics are changing how businesses run and managers do their jobs. In this training course, you will explore how human resource managers use data to provide better support to the employees they manage and to contribute to the strategic practices of their organizations. You will learn about different kinds of data and analyses, and you will consider how data collection and organization may factor into problem-solving processes. We will also review issues pertaining to data collection and employee privacy and confidentiality.
Individual Skill Course
- Explain the value of big data and analytics for human resource managers
- Identify different types of data that are useful for human resource managers
- Describe various ways of analyzing data
- Perform simple data analyses and understand some basic analytic tools
- Develop a plan for collecting data
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of certain data types and collection methods
- Distinguish between correlation and causation
- Identify some biases and errors data collection may be subject to
- Present data in clear and compelling ways
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of different ways to store data
- Reflect on some of the threats of big data, including threats to confidentiality and privacy as well as the potential for discrimination
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"Excellent and extremely relevant course. It will strengthen my ability to partner internally with our business intelligence analyst as I present issues and action plans to internal customers and business leaders"
"I have my bachelor's degree in hospitality management, and I have been looking for a career change. This learning platform is not only easy and convenient but also very informative."
"This course has improved my knowledge on how data is managed and used by human resource managers. It has also met my learning objectives, and I highly recommend it for anybody. THANK YOU!!!"
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: