Communicating clearly and concisely in written formats like email, memos, and letters is very important in a workplace setting. Clearly communicating your thoughts, plans and proposals is a highly effective means to advance your ideas and earn the respect of your peers. This training course will help you improve your use of these common business communication vehicles by providing best practices and effective tips and techniques.
Individual Skill Course
- Recognize when it's appropriate to use an email, a memo, or a letter
- Explain the parts of an email, a memo, and a letter, and format each so that the communication is effective
- Consider primary and secondary uses for the email, memo, or letter
- Explain how to facilitate both primary and secondary uses
- Create a sample email, memo, and letter employing best practices
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"This course was very informational, and I learned way more than I thought I would. I went in thinking I knew how to write emails, memos, and letters, but I was willing to learn some new tips to make my writing better. I went through the course and found out there was a lot of information I was doing incorrectly and learned many ways to make my writing better!"
"This course is a must-have for every office person and a good source of help and support for human resources personnel of every organization. As a public servant, this has surely helped me to handle official duties more efficiently and draw a clear line between memos, letters and emails, in usage and application. Thank you once again for another exciting experience."
"This was a wonderful refresher course for those of us who have been in the business world for many years. I would highly recommend this to anyone coming into the workforce or those, like myself, who have been in it a while. It teaches you how to know when to use a letter, a memo, or an email when corresponding with various business associates. It also teaches you when to use and not to use certain salutations and, finally, the proper method of using PS (post script)."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: