Access control is the restriction of access to a computer system. So how does a cybersecurity professional manage this access control? This training course introduces the principles of access controls, beginning with the central modes of information security and continuing through various attacks and defenses. It provides an overview of Identity Management and the resources used on modern-day information systems, including Web and cloud-based ones. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on access control and identity management that professionals face in the real-world.
Individual Skill Course
- Identify the four types of information access controls
- Describe different identification methods and technologies
- Discuss different components of Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
- Describe common access control models and mechanisms
- Explain the technologies used in single-sign-on systems
- Identify common access control attacks and countermeasures
- Provide appropriate guidance in response to real-world scenarios describing Access Control and Identity management challenges
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: