The CISSP® Exam Prep Course prepares test-takers for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional exam, as administered by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2. The CISSP® certification is recognized worldwide and adheres to the strict standards of ISO/IEC 17024. As security breaches outpace the available pool of security experts, the need for information security professionals with proper certifications will continue to grow. Among other titles, obtaining the CISSP® certification prepares one for a position as a Security Analyst, Chief Information Security Officer, or as a Security Architect.
- Discuss the foundational concepts of information security, such as the CIA triad
- Know the different information security frameworks
- Explain information security training and education
- Discuss the information life cycle
- Explain how information and data are classified
- Learn about data and information privacy
- Understand system and computer architecture
- Explain and compare symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Learn about physical security risks and mitigation
- Compare different types of networks
- Contrast the OSI model with the TCP/IP Model
- Identify and differentiate among network, routing, and data link protocols
- Describe the functions of common networking devices and how wireless networks work
- Evaluate different identification methods and technologies
- Assess and test various security controls
- Describe business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Understand the role of security operations
- Identify trusted recovery techniques
- Relate the steps required in effective incident management
- Discuss the role of auditing, monitoring, and detection in information security
- Learn the steps of a digital forensics investigation
- Explain the software development life cycle
- Discuss the role of databases in information security
- Recognize several software-based and network attacks
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, MindEdge offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"Overall, an excellent, comprehensive, well-constructed, and user-friendly course structure."
"Great course. I really like the length of each page...there was just enough content to read in one sitting. The quizzes were very good also."
"Very good course and a lot of information."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: