Fundraising is one of the central activities of a nonprofit organization and nonprofit management. To help finance operating budgets, nonprofits must raise money every year. In addition, special projects and improvements to facilities may be needed. In these situations, fundraisers will often launch large capital campaigns or apply for foundation grants. This non-credit course offers an introduction to fundraising for nonprofit organizations, with an emphasis on the fundamental issues.
Individual Skill Course
- Describe the key concepts related to nonprofit fundraising, such as annual campaigns, capital campaigns, and planned giving
- Discuss how nonprofit funds can be raised through direct mail and telemarketing
- Explain how the Internet and social media channels may be used to generate donations
- Compare and contrast fundraising through corporate donations versus foundation grants
- Explain the different sections of a grant application
- Describe methods for evaluating annual campaign performance
- Discuss how ethics applies to nonprofit fundraising
- Explain the importance of donor relations
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"This Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations course has exposed me to answers to many questions I ask myself as a nonprofit founder on how to do it. Having experienced difficulties with my first nonprofit fundraising, thereby having donors decline to almost zero, now I am fortified with how to do it and do it right, and what to do if things don't go as planned to ignite the donors' spirits and retain them in the long run."
"Excellent course. Easy to understand with clear descriptions of concepts and terms, short videos explaining concepts more thoroughly, and games/activities/case studies to provide interactive practice."
"Very insightful material that is definitely applicable to understanding fundraising"
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: