The safety of employees should be a primary concern for employers. Human resource managers play a crucial role in ensuring workplaces are not only as safe as possible, but also in compliance with safety-related rules and guidelines. This training course introduces various workplace hazards and health issues and explores the relationship between employers and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Individual Skill Course
- Explain the importance of workplace safety from an organizational and ethical perspective
- Describe the key provisions of occupational safety laws
- Navigate OSHA standards, investigations, and record keeping protocols
- Understand the rights of employees and employers protected by OSHA
- Recognize the types of workplace hazards from which workers should be shielded
- Explain workplace issues surrounding substance abuse and stress
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader ( free download available at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
"The course was informative and useful. The learning enhances awareness about employee safety and workplace safety as well."
Muhammad Naeem U.
"Satisfactorily delivered. Course content was wide and in-depth. Would definitely recommend to colleagues."
"The course content is good and very educative."
Enroll My Team
Are you looking to enroll your team in this training Course? You Can: