- Career Building
- Computer Applications
- Creativity & Innovation
- Cybersecurity & CISSP
- Data Management & Analytics
- Emerging Technologies
- Events and Community
- Human Resources
- International Trade
- Modern Languages
- Nonprofit Management
- Personal & Professional Development
- Project Management and Agile
- Six Sigma & Lean
- Small Business Management
- Sustainable Management
- Web Design
- Women in Business
Small Business Marketing
Small business operators are often faced with the daunting task of advertising and building a brand with a restricted budget. They must also effectively use social media and search engine optimization to differentiate themselves from their competition and attract potential customers. This course is designed for small business owners, entrepreneurs, managers, and other professionals who want to understand the basics of small business marketing. The material explains how to utilize social media marketing, content marketing, and search engine metrics strategically to reach not necessarily a wide audience, but the right audience. After completing this course, small business owners and marketers will be better prepared to promote their services and products in the highly competitive virtual world.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of small business marketing and advertising, as well as the impact it has in the age of social media.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan that focuses on effective marketing tactics for your small business.
- Explain how a conversion funnel works and how to use it for e-commerce.
- Describe how social media platforms can strengthen your marketing campaign.
- Identify which social media platforms you should use in your marketing campaigns.
- Describe the world of social media influencers and how best to leverage this type of advertising.
- Identify which social media influencers will benefit your small business's marketing campaign.
- Apply keyword research and search engine optimization (SEO) so that people can find your website easier and boost your web traffic.
- Interpret search engine analytics to recognize which resources are generating successful conversions.
- Explain content marketing and use it as a form of promotion and marketing.