Technology & Data Science
Essential Business Functions
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Teaching & Learning
Events & Community
Introduction to Marketing Automation
This course is designed to help learners develop a solid understanding of the basic concepts and techniques that they will encounter as practitioners in the marketing automation field. Learners in this course will expand their knowledge through games, videos, a case study, quizzes, and other engaging content. Topics of major concern that are discussed in Module 1 include the key concepts, terms, and techniques used in marketing automation. The buying cycle and purchase funnel are described in detail, along with measuring content strategies and calculating the value of customers, followers, likes, and mobile loyalists.
In Module 2, the single customer view is introduced as it relates to cultivating leads. The module then covers customer relationship management and email marketing, with emphasis on multi-touch campaigns and lead scoring. Loyalty programs are discussed and methods for measuring their effectiveness. Finally, learners will combine this knowledge with business concepts in order to better inform marketing decisions for their firm.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define marketing automation and explain its value.
- Define key terms used in marketing automation.
- Explain the key components of marketing automation.
- Define the buying cycle and the online marketing funnel.
- Explain the aspects of prospect intent in a buying cycle (AIDA).
- Identify the key considerations in developing a content strategy.
- Name the major marketing channels.
- Define and explain what customer value is.
- Define and discuss the advantages of a single customer view.
- Describe the functions of a CRM system and an email marketing system.
- Discuss the types of data that are useful in lead capture.
- Explain the use of dynamic content.
- Explain the use of explicit and implicit data in lead nurturing.
- Articulate the value of lead scoring.
- Define strategies for building customer loyalty.
- Describe different methods of marketing automation measurement and control.