Technology & Data Science
Essential Business Functions
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Teaching & Learning
Events & Community
The Effective Manager's Toolbox
There are a number of managerial factors that are vital in managing and leading. Becoming a better manager or leader is directly connected to how well you can master them. The Effective Manager's Toolbox is a suite of online modules designed to give managers a head start on managing issues correctly and professionally with less stress and fewer negative organizational circumstances. The modules offer learners an explanation of the managerial mindset that all managers and leaders must adopt to succeed.
After careful consideration of the relevant and reference managerial and leadership factors, including such topics as dealing with direct reports, solving problems, planning and budgeting, handling conflict, and others, learners are given a series of video-based scenarios and asked to consider how they would handle the challenges presented for the most optimal results.
Upon completion, learners are given a summary of what they've learned for quick reference while at work.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Inhabit the managerial mindset
- Understand what employees want from their jobs
- Understand how managers lead
- Recognize the components of a manager's job including enforcing policies and procedures, controlling expenses, dealing with subordinates and superiors, planning and budgeting, recruiting and developing talent, and solving problems
- Implement the qualities that make an effective leader
- Address real-world managerial problems in customer service, cost budgeting, cost cutting, and vendor relations