Technology & Data Science
Essential Business Functions
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Teaching & Learning
Events & Community
Fundamentals of Supervision and Management II
Have you ever felt technically prepared for a supervisor's role, yet felt defeated by all of the people issues that seem to arise? You are not alone; many people feel the same way. In this online course, you will learn how to be a more effective manager or supervisor. You will master the basics of communication because effective communication is essential in your quest to be a good manager or supervisor.
In addition, you will learn how you can develop your interpersonal skills by understanding and dealing with the various people issues that arise at work. You will see how you can understand various personality traits and how they impact the ability to get the job done. These traits include emotional intelligence, the need for power, conscientiousness, agreeableness, and more. You will be able to assess your own personality, as well as the personalities of your co-workers and boss, and you'll develop a plan of action to improve both your interpersonal skills and your work relationships.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Master the basics of communication
- Develop your interpersonal skills by understanding and dealing with the various people issues that arise at work
- Understand various personality traits in yourself and others
- Assess your own personality and the personalities of your co-workers and boss
- Develop a plan of action to improve both your interpersonal skills and your work relationships